Saturday, June 10, 2006

Caller: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer."
o Tech: "Please excuse me. If I seem a bit stumped, it's because I am. Did you receive this as part of a promotional at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder? Does it have any trademark on it?"
o Caller: It came with my computer. I don't know anything about a promotion. It just has '4X' on it."
o At this point, the Tech Rep had to mute the caller because he couldn't stand it. He was laughing too hard. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup holder and snapped it off the drive.
12. A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was running it under "Windows." The woman responded, "No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window and his printer is working fine."
13.
o Tech Support: "O.K. Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."
o Customer: "I don't have a 'P'."
o Tech: "On your keyboard, Bob."
o Customer: "What do you mean?"
o Tech: 'P' on your keyboard, Bob."
o Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"